2nd Edition at The Big Handshake – Loyalty
The global launch of the Loyalty Programs: The Complete Guide, 2nd Edition, will be at The BIG Handshake – Loyalty on the 16-17th October 2023 in Amsterdam. Philip Shelper, CEO of Loyalty & Reward Co will be running innovative workshops at this premier loyalty conference, as well as presenting the new edition.
About the book: In an Era of Digital Transformation, Loyalty Programs Take Centre Stage
Amidst a backdrop of economic downturn, the phasing out of cookies, and the emergence of walled garden data, the imperative for robust loyalty programs has reached an unprecedented high.
Recognising this, the 2nd Edition of the industry-acclaimed book Loyalty Programs: The Complete Guide emerges as a beacon for businesses aiming to implement loyalty programs that engage consumers and deliver tangible results. Recent research indicates that loyal customers deliver a 306% higher lifetime value than new customers with 63% of consumers modifying their spending habits to maximise loyalty program benefits.
Loyalty Programs: The Complete Guide, 2nd Edition stands as the definitive anthology on the subject. It seamlessly weaves academic insights, loyalty psychology, seasoned industry knowledge, and an impressive array of over 170 global case studies, ensuring a holistic understanding of loyalty dynamics.
Aimed at loyalty, marketing, and business professionals, the book serves as an exhaustive reference, delving deep into the nuances of loyalty—from its historical evolution and psychological underpinnings to the intricacies of design, technology, data management, marketing strategies, and beyond.
What's New in the 2nd Edition?
- Introduction of Loyalty & Reward Co’s Essential Eight™: A groundbreaking set of principles for loyalty program design and optimisation, unveiled for the first time beyond clients of Loyalty & Reward Co.
- An enriched collection of over 170 refreshed and new case studies, reinforcing the book’s foundational theories.
- A thought-provoking foreword by Professor Thomas O’Toole of the esteemed Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University.
Author Philip Shelper, CEO of the globally-renowned loyalty consulting agency, Loyalty & Reward Co utilises his career spanning roles at Qantas Frequent Flyer and Vodafone, and loyalty consulting projects with over 100 brands globally, to deliver both profound and practical insights.
Philip remarks, “With this edition, we’re unveiling our proprietary Essential Eight™ principles—a testament to our commitment to the loyalty industry. The recent global upheaval underscored the vulnerability of businesses lacking a robust marketing database. Those with foresight, who invested in loyalty programs, have reaped the dividends. This 2nd edition is an indispensable resource for any enterprise contemplating the launch or revamp of a loyalty initiative.”
For businesses aiming to navigate the complex waters of customer loyalty, Loyalty Programs: The Complete Guide, 2nd Edition is more than a book—it’s a compass.
Praise from global experts
Global loyalty statistics
Global research indicates that loyal customers = profitable customers:
- Repeat customers spend an average of 67% more than new customers
- 70% of consumers are more likely to recommend a brand with a good loyalty program2
- Increasing customer retention rates by just 5% can increase profits by 25% to 95%3
- Loyal customers have a 306% higher lifetime value than new customers4
- Loyal customers are more than seven times as likely to forgive a company for a mistake5
- 63% of consumers will modify their spending habits to maximise loyalty program benefits6
- Acquiring a new customer can be from five to twenty five times more expensive than retaining an existing customer7
How to buy the book
About Loyalty & Reward Co
Loyalty & Reward Co is a leading loyalty consulting firm that designs the world’s best loyalty programs for the world’s best brands. Over the past decade our dedicated team of loyalty experts have delivered real success stories for over 100 companies globally, across every major industry.
Our data-driven and customer-focused loyalty programs generate incremental acquisition, spend, retention and advocacy, adding meaningful value to clients and their members.
Our obsession for loyalty is what defines us. At Loyalty & Reward Co, we constantly engage with and study loyalty programs, loyalty psychology, technology and industry trends. We continually challenge ourselves to deliver and demonstrate value in everything we do.
We help our clients succeed by providing end-to-end services and expert insights across three key areas: Design, Implementation and Operation.
For media enquiries, including booking Philip Shelper for an interview or to request for a copy of Loyalty Programs: The Complete Guide Edition 2, please contact: